Following the Government’s advice of stopping “non-essential contact” with others and to avoid gatherings “big or small”, the Management of Al-Rawdha has consulted health professionals and decided to take the following measures
- Friday prayers will be suspended with immediate effect and until further notice.
- All education classes, Madrassas and lectures will no longer be held on site.
- The Sisters prayer hall will be closed with immediate effect.
- The Masjid will open 15 minutes before congregational salah and close 15 minutes after salah.
- This is a rapidly changing situation and we are constantly reviewing and consulting with other Masjids and medical experts. We may therefore have to introduce other measures including the unprecedented step of shutting down the Masjid.
- The congregation are encouraged to make Wudu (ablution) at home to reduce the risk of infection.
- Parents are advised not to bring children to the Masjid for their own health and safety and also to reduce the number of people.
- All elderly and those with chronic health conditions (e.g. Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Disease) should not attend the mosque for prayers but should instead perform all their prayers at home.
- Anyone with NEW persistent cough and/or fever should not attend the Masjid and should self-isolate at home instead.
- The Masjid will continue with the additional cleaning and hygiene regime put in place since the outbreak of the coronavirus.
We therefore request the congregation to adhere to the above and also continue to implement all the safety and hygiene guidance given by Public Health England.
By Management – AL RAWDHA